Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

P6 Professional version R16.1 Can not export UN/CEFACT XML or SDEF

9 replies [Last post]
richard wall
User offline. Last seen 7 years 32 weeks ago. Offline

I have just installed the latest version of P6 Professiona Project Manager 16.1. Trying to do a practice export unsing the UN/CEFACT XML - radio button on the export wizard. I it won't export to my desktop window. I get an Application Exception: Type - EInOut Error, Event Code - CNFF\-0464-A, Discription - Could not Find File - \bin\java.exe

I thought I would try and find the java file for a down load - But with no success

Also, I need to convert an XER file to an SDEF file for a client that has a contract with a USACE project. I can not find any utility to use for the file conversion using P6 v 16.1

I'm going to try and find out if the USACE will allow me export updates using the XER file export function instead or converting to an SDEF file or a UN/CEFACT XML file (I don't believe the USACE is accepting schedules using the UN/CEFACT XML file format).

Replies

Delbert Bearden
User offline. Last seen 41 weeks 6 days ago. Offline
Groups: None

I was finally able to make 16.1 to work, but it took about 45 minutes to complete.

15.2 worked best with a quick download to xml.

I just upgraded to 17.12.3 and was able to get an xml in about 25 minutes (about 3k activities). 

A.J. Wolnski
User offline. Last seen 4 years 47 weeks ago. Offline

Zoltan -

I am having the same problem but I am using version 17.12.1.  Will the same patch correct my problem or do I need a patch for version 17.12?

Thanks!

A.J. Wolnski

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 4 weeks 4 days ago. Offline
Carlos Batista
User offline. Last seen 2 years 29 weeks ago. Offline

Hello Richard,

I'm trying to export from MS Project (2013) to Oracle Primavera (P6 R16.1), and I'm facing the same error message, the Event Code: "CNFF\-0464-A". Did you have any success solving this issue? How did you do?

Thank You

Carlos

richard wall

I just received a message from Oracle. They said 16.1 has a bug in it and will not export to MSP. They are saying they will be comming out with a patch in the future. They are saying 15.2 is exporting fine to MSP.

The java needrd, and comes with the Primavera 16.1 download is JRE. Download the JRE to your computer. You will need to create a place for it to reside in your Enviromental Variables. Click on NEW then

Create JAVA_HOME

Then copy the Java JRE string (path should be: C:\Program Files\jre<version> or look at C:\Program files (x86) for the string.

and past it under JAVA_HOME.....hit ok, ok, ok

That should get you connected.

I haven't tried version 15.2 yet for the Expot to MSP. Will proably wait until the patch comes out for 16.1

Tim Readman
User offline. Last seen 16 weeks 6 days ago. Offline

I have found that exporting XER files to XLM to MSP massively increases the size. A  XER file of 700kb file becomes i 183450kb in XLM and MSP file. I exported the same XER file to Asta Power project then direct to MSP makes a 1000 Kb file in MSP. Both files open (althougg the massive file is not much use to send to anyone. However the Asta path MSP file shows in hrs and not days the durations. I have a servive request in for finding a solutiion.

Tim Readman

Delbert Bearden
User offline. Last seen 41 weeks 6 days ago. Offline

I'm finding the same problem with exporting to XML. I have found previous versions the error was because Jave needed to be updated, but what version is needed??

I am running a standalone database and I get errors when trying to export in all versions of XML and MS Project.

David Kelly
User offline. Last seen 1 year 38 weeks ago. Offline

It works for me!  Are you running P6 stand-alone?  There are real issues with the pretend database it installs with. I run stand-alone BUT with SQL Express 2014. 

richard wall

Answered part of my question on my own. Still trying to get use to Windows 10. I went to C:Progams and opened that. Then found Programs - Oracle Folder - Primavera - Primavera P6 - (and low and behod) there was the converter file. YEA

Still need info to export to UN/CEFACT XML